Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Anxiety Dream. Again.

The Anxiety Dream, Again.
Current mood: adored
Category: Dreams and the Supernatural

Not again. Yes, again!

For those just joining us, the Anxiety Dream has now taken place in the following venues, though the basic premise is always the same: my childhood home in Harwood Heights, Knox College, my first apartment in Chicago after I got married, and now....St. Paul.

In last night’s installment, my band was rehearsing in the basement of the church (not unheard of), and then it was time to play in the sanctuary upstairs. And for whatever reason, my entire family was coming to see the service that night. Somehow or another, however, once I got up to the sanctuary to join the band, I saw that neither I nor any of my bandmates had brought my drum kit up. And that instead of our contemporary praise set list, they had abruptly deicded instead to play all singer/songwriter lite hits from the 70’s. While I was freaking out, my drum kit was finally brought upstairs. BUT! Someone had bent all of my cymbals in half. "How in hell am I supposed to play THESE?" I asked, followed by, "Am I on THIS song, or THAT song?" and the musicians wouldn’t tell me.

Since this is spring break, I didn’t awaken to the irritating but welcome sound of my alarm today. Instead, I had the pleasure of hearing Luke downstairs, yelling at the top of his lungs, "Mommy!!!! COCK-A-DOODLE-DO!"

No comments: