Friday, December 30, 2011

"I Got the Blues"

This rarity from "Sticky Fingers" by the Stones was sent to me by my best male friend, who emailed me that it was dedicated from him to me and my Tatus (and loosely, he said, to Chris).

The Rolling Stones
I Got The Blues

(M. Jagger/K. Richards)

As I stand by your flame
I get burned once again
Feelin' low down, I'm blue

As I sit by the fire
Of your warm desire
I've got the blues for you, yeah

Every night you've been away
I've sat down and I have prayed
That you're safe in the arms of a guy
Who will bring you alive
Won't drag you down with abuse

In the silk sheet of time
I will find peace of mind
Love is a bed full of blues

And I've got the blues for you
And I've got the blues for you
And I'll bust my brains out for you
And I'll tear my hair out
I'm gonna tear my hair out just for you
If you don't believe what I'm singing
At three o'clock in the morning, babe, well
I'm singing my song for you

No comments: