Friday, January 20, 2012

Luke vs Larry Hagman in The Growth Battle




Sequentially, the photos of Luke on his 10th, 11th and 12th birthdays at TGIFridays...no fair on his 11th birthday, because he was leaning on one knee on the bench, but look at how tall he's getting! And he's losing that "little boy" look in his face and is looking closer to a teenager (not to mention acting like one). "Big 'Dallas' fans, are you?" the manager asked us this year. "No," I said, we just always take his birthday picture next to the Larry Hagman picture. It's a tradition," I answered. The manager thought we were nuts. "Is that a 'Dallas' t-shirt you're wearing?", he asked Luke. Luke said, "Uh, no, it's DOCTOR WHO." "Oh, old or new?" "New," Luke said. (As if this manager had a semblance of a clue.) "Heh." And we walked away.

People keep telling me Luke's starting to look more like me and less like Craig. But I'm sorry, I still think he looks exactly like his father, and nothing like me, except for his hair and eye color, and totally my personality (hoping to God he doesn't get the crazy-nutso-addict genes activated during his lifetime; otherwise, he's totally cool.)

Craig's girlfriend mentioned they're bringing "Dallas" back to television, and that Hagman will reprise his role as J.R. Ewing. "He got a new liver!" I told my mother. Hagman is a recovering alcoholic like me. Normally, alchys don't get new livers after cirrhosis, so apparently money and fame CAN buy you a second chance at life...






3 comments:

Kathy Biallas said...

Am I your only follower with an Arizona IP address? Happy birthday to Luke!

Anonymous said...

Dear Ms. CyberStalker,
Don't your eyes get tired reading such itty-bitty print from your phone?

Just askin'
~Miss Thang II

The Offbeat Drummer said...

Kathy, I think you are the only follower with an Arizona IP address. I passed on your birthday greetings to Luke! :) Thanks for checking in and keep up with the blog for the latest happenings! Always drama! Always entertaining! Always being stalked!